- Minimum wage in Florida as of 1/1/2019 is $8.46 – students must be hired at no less than this rate
- Wage/Rate should be based on responsibilities
- Positions requiring basic skills/responsibilities should start at a base rate
- Positions requiring additional skills or responsibilities may pay a higher rate based on the level of skill or responsibility (i.e. IT/Technical skills, research skills, training or supervisory responsibilities)
- Students may receive raises if their performance merits recognition and/or if the responsibilities expand
- Wage/Rate should be equivalent to what any other employee in the position would receive (OPS/USPS). Wage/Rate should not exceed what any other employee in the position would receive (OPS/USPS)
- Awards do not change based on rate.