In order for your financial aid to be disbursed to you in a timely manner, please ensure that you have completed all of the items in the following checklists. Also see here for a list of important dates in the financial aid process.
Applying For Financial Aid
- Submit your FAFSA at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa or through the myStudentAid app. Click here for assistance completing the FAFSA
- If you are receiving Bright Futures make sure your application has FSU’s school code (0371) on file with the Florida Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). You can update your Florida Financial Aid application online or call 1-888-827-2004
- Report any outside scholarships, waivers, and agency payments you are receiving to the Financial Aid Office at my.fsu.edu.
- Do not report FSU scholarships or Bright Futures scholarships
- Do not report assistantship stipends
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours. For additional information about registering for classes, including registration dates, click here. Note that some awards require additional enrollment to pay in full. Again, review the Terms and Conditions
Getting Ready For Financial Aid Disbursements
- Submit all documents listed in your To-Do List at my.fsu.edu, and resolve any holds that are listed. For additional information on viewing and completing your to-do list, click here
- Accept or decline work study or loan offers at my.fsu.edu
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours. Note that some awards require additional enrollment to pay in full.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit.
- Review the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions to make sure you meet and maintain all eligibility requirements
Other Important Financial Aid Tasks
- Create a budget: Fall/Spring or Summer
- If you are a newly admitted student activate your FSUID
- Review the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions to make sure you meet and maintain all eligibility requirements.
- Review eligibility requirements and your responsibilities as a financial aid recipient on our Types of Aid page
- Review our Financial Literacy page
- Review our important dates calendar for tuition deadlines and deferment dates. If you have been awarded financial aid and need to request a deferment, please contact our office before the tuition due date.
- Check your @my.fsu.edu email and voicemail often for messages regarding any holds on your account
- Explore our Financial Success page to learn more about finances.