For your financial aid to be disbursed to you in a timely manner, please ensure that you have completed all of the items in the following checklists. See here for a list of important dates in the financial aid process.
Applying For Financial Aid
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online or through the myStudentAid app. For assistance with completing the FAFSA, review our page with more details about applying for aid.
- If you are receiving Bright Futures make sure your application has FSU’s school code (0371) on file with the Florida Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA). You can update your Florida Financial Aid application online or call 1-888-827-2004.
- Report any outside scholarships, waivers, and agency payments you are receiving to the Financial Aid Office at my.fsu.edu.
- Do not report FSU scholarships or Bright Futures scholarships.
- Do not report assistantship stipends.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours. For additional information about registering for classes, including registration dates, click here. Note that some awards require additional enrollment to pay in full. Review our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Getting Ready For Financial Aid Disbursements
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours. Note that some awards require additional enrollment to pay in full.
- For additional information about registering for classes, including registration dates, click here.
- Resolve any posted holds and submit all documents listed in your To-Do List at my.fsu.edu.
- For additional information on viewing and completing your to-do list, review our registration guide.
- Check your tuition summary for the amount due before accepting or declining your loan offers to ensure that you accept the necessary amount.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit.
- Review the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions to make sure you meet and maintain all eligibility requirements.
Other Important Financial Aid Tasks
- Fall/Spring or Summer. Create a budget:
- activate your FSUID. If you are a newly admitted student
- Terms and Conditions to make sure you meet and maintain all eligibility requirements.
Review the Financial Aid
- Review eligibility requirements and your responsibilities as a financial aid recipient on our Types of Aid page.
- important dates calendar for tuition deadlines and deferment dates. If you have been awarded financial aid and need to request a deferment, please contact our office before the tuition due date. Review our
- @my.fsu.edu email and voicemail often for messages regarding any holds on your account Check your
- Explore our Financial Success and Financial Literacy pages to learn more about finances.