We are here to help provide a smooth transition for transfer students who need assistance funding their college education. Please review our welcome page for newly admitted students, which covers activating your FSUID as well as other topics that may be of interest to new students.
Please also view our Transfer Student Services website for a comprehensive look at resources that can assist you in transferring to FSU.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will allow us to determine your eligibility for federal and institutional grants; scholarships; and loans. Note: if you have previously submitted the FAFSA with your prior institution, please ensure you update your application with FSU's school code (001489).
- Log in to the FAFSA website.
- Click the Make FAFSA Corrections link.
- Navigate to the School Selection section.
- Click the Add a School button.
- Enter FSU's school code (001489) into the Federal School Code box and click Search. The box that comes up should read: Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fl along with FSU's school code. You will need to check the box. Then, click the ADD button and click Next.
- Proceed to the Sign and Submit screen to finalize your corrections.
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship is awarded to eligible Florida residents who apply, and it can cover partial- to full- tuition amounts. Visit our state scholarships page to see the current payment rates at FSU for Bright Futures Academic and Medallion Scholars. Note: To receive the Bright Futures scholarship at FSU, you must update your school of attendance on your Bright Futures application.
- Log in to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) website.
- Click on the Update Profile link.
- Scroll down until you see the Postsecondary Institution Information section. Click on the Add New Institution button.
- Ensure you have the correct year showing for the Academic Year dropdown box. Under the Institution header select Florida State University from the dropdown box. Then, select the terms you will be enrolled in FSU for the Academic Year you selected. If you are attending FSU in the fall select Term 1, for spring select Term 2, for summer select Term 0.
- Click the Submit button to update your application.
To ensure that your financial aid is disbursed to you in a timely manner, please review our official financial aid checklist to verify that you have completed all of the necessary steps to receive your financial aid.
Information for Prospective Transfer Students
- Transfer Student Application Portal: This portal provides access to the transfer application.
- Transfer Student Admissions Page: This page provides information on the requirements for transfer students.
- Advising First Page: This resource provides information on preparing for the application process.
- Transfer Student Resource List: This list provides a collection of resources for FSU transfer students including information on admissions, orientation, housing, transportation, and more.
Scholarships for Transfer Students
- TCC2FSU Transfer Student Scholarship: Students transferring from Tallahassee Community College (TCC) who are in the TCC2FSU program are eligible for this scholarship. You must have a cumulative GPA above 3.0 and meet all requirements of the scholarship application. For more information, please contact the TCC2FSU Transfer Program Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phi Theta Kappa: FSU offers two scholarships of $4,000 to active members of the Phi Theta Kappa organization. Recipients of the award are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 and successfully complete 15 credit hours each semester of the award. To qualify, applicants must have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 3.8. Recipients must enroll at FSU in the fall semester immediately upon earning an AA degree from a Florida state college.
- FS4U Transfer Scholarships: This is a general listing of various FSU scholarships awarded to eligible transfer students.