Recently admitted? Here's what's next!
Welcome New Noles. As you prepare for your college journey at FSU as a Seminole, here are some things that you need to know.
Online resources related to paying for college, planning and budgeting, banking and credit, investments an insurance, and taxes: financialsuccess.fsu.edu.
View, Accept, or Decline Awards
For instructions on viewing, accepting, or declining your financial aid awards, please review our video guide.
- Activate your FSUID: More information about the FSUID.
- Students starting in summer 2024 will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for both 2023-2024 and 2024-2025. The FSU School code is 001489.
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA is available now and uses the 2021 federal taxes.
- The 2024-2025 FAFSA is now available and uses 2022 federal tax returns.
- To complete the FAFSA, both the student and the parent/guardian will need to have an FSA ID and password. We suggest you set this up as soon as possible at https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch
- Students starting in summer 2024 are encouraged to review the information provided on our Summer Financial Aid page.
- If you are a Florida Resident and eligible for the Florida Bright Futures award, please ensure that Florida State University's school code (371) is on your application. Link to your application is available at: www.floridastudentfinancialaid.org.
- All students who wish to claim Florida residency for tuition-paying purposes please visit https://admissions.fsu.edu/Residency.
- Financial Aid packaging for the 2024-2025 academic year is expected to take place in April. You’ll receive an email to your FSU email when your package is ready to view.
- Once you are notified of your financial aid award, please log in to https://my.fsu.edu and click on the "Financial Aid" tab, under the My Finances section to view your award and the Terms and Conditions of your award. If offered work-study or loans, you must accept or decline these awards on your financial aid award page.
- Delegated Access: if you are a current or former student, you may grant permission for someone other than yourself to contact us on your behalf. For more details visit:
- If you have a Florida Pre-paid tuition plan, please review the information on the Student Business Services page.
- Additional information for New Noles from Student Business Services
- For tips, tricks, and FAQs about the tech you need on campus, explore the New Nole TechList provided by Information Technology Services (ITS).