Recently admitted? Here's what's next!
- Have you completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)?
- If you have not already done so, please activate your FSUID.
- While you're at it, make sure to set up Delegated Access - Florida State University requires students to grant us permission to speak to outside parties (including parents) about their student information. Without this, we cannot disclose financial aid information with anyone but the student (in accordance with FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
- Check on your Florida Bright Futures! For transfer students, make sure to update your Bright Futures to add FSU's school code.
- Be sure to review FSU's Terms and Conditions for Financial Aid.
- Visit Student Business Services to set up your Direct Deposit account and Financial Responsibility Agreement to receive your financial aid.
- Want to estimate what your semester costs are going to look like? Check out our Cost of Attendance page for tuition rates, fees, and the Net Price Calculator tool to estimate your expenses.
Things to be aware of:
- If you completed a FAFSA, you may have been selected for Verification. Check here to see what that involves, and how to complete the documents requested in order to receive your aid.
- Your grades are important to Financial Aid. Familiarize yourself with our Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements to make sure you don't risk losing your aid.
- Interested in federal loans? Find out more about Federal Stafford Loans before you accept.
- Transfer students: if you've taken out loans at your past university, make sure to complete a Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory note for FSU as well!
- Disbursement dates for each term are listed here.
- Is your disbursement delayed? Do you need a tuition deferment? Check the calendar for disbursement dates before you call our office or Student Business Services for a tuition deferment.
- It's never too late to look more into scholarships! View our Scholarship Page for more information.
Last updated 4/21/2016