• Hurricane Help

  • Tax Filers

  • For Non-Filers

  • Check Your To-Do List

    Financial Aid Forms


Submitting Documents

We advise students to submit all documents through these venues: 

  • Fax (850-644-6404)
  • Mail (address can be found here)
  • In-house (office hours are 8:30AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
  • FSU Dropbox
    • Instructions on how to use the FSU Dropbox can be found here.

DO NOT submit documents via email.

The Office of Financial Aid here at Florida State University makes use of a lot of different forms to ensure that our students are being awarded correctly, fairly, and have the best resources. Please be sure to complete all forms requested of you through your Student Central To Do List in order to receive financial aid.

Here are some helpful tools you may use to complete some of these document requests:

  • Tax Return Transcript: You may be required to provide us with a copy of the student's or parent(s) Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. You may submit a copy of your 2015 1040 Tax Return or request a paper copy of your Tax Return Transcript from the IRS online or to be mailed to your address.
    • We do not advise that email these documents to us for security purposes. Please submit them directly to the office, fax, FSU Drop Box,  or mail them.

If you have one of the following conditions you may submit alternate documentation.  Please see below for acceptable supplemental document:

  • You're a victim of identity theft
    • You must contact the IRS Identity Protection Specialized Unit (IPSU) via telephone at 1-800-908-4490. After the IPSU authenticates the tax filer's identity, the individual can ask the IRS to mail them an alternate paper tax return transcript known as the TRDBV (Transcript DataBase View). The TRDBV will look different than a regular transcript, but it is official and can be used for verification. Unless you doubt the TRDBV's authenticity, you do not need to get an IRS signature, stamp, or any other validation. The school may use this IRS document to complete the verification process.
  • Your taxes have been amended
    • An individual who filed an amended return must submit both of the following:
      • A signed copy of the 1040X form that was filed and
      • An IRS tax return transcript (that will only include information 
        from the original tax return and that does not have to be signed), 
        or any other IRS transcript (such as a return transcript for taxpayer
        or RTFTP) that includes all the income and tax information re
        quired to be verified: AGI, income tax paid, education credits, etc
  • You filed foreign taxes
    • An individual who filed a non-U.S. tax return and the IRS, U.S. territory or commonwealth or foreign country cannot provide the data tax transcript, the school must:
      • For Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, obtain a signed copy of the tax return.
      • For the Freely Associated States (Republic of the Marshall Islands, Republic of Palau and the Federated States of Micronesia), obtain a copy of the individual's Wage and Tax Statement from each employer and a signed statement identifying all income and taxes for the tax year.
      • For foreign countries where taxes are filed, obtain a signed copy of the foreign tax return or other documentation.
Last updated 5/4/2017